Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run Command tool not executing in Gallery

cheangvi
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx Community,

I joined the Alteryx Academy since Inspire 2020 in Sydney.  Have only been actively working with Alteryx in the last 6 months and am able to found the posts very helpful here.

I have bumped into this issue with Run Commend tool where I write the command lines based on the parameters and create the .bat file and then run the .bat file to move and clean up the processed files.  The workflow runs ok in Designer (creates and execute the .bat file) but in Gallery, it only creates the .bat file but not run it.  Is this expected or is there a workaround?

Cheers

Vivien C

3 REPLIES 3
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@cheangvi does the Gallery have access to where the bat file is located?

This article may help you potentially:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/I-just-wanted-to-execute-a-bat-file-I-...

StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi @cheangvi,

Thank you for your question to the Community!
I moved your post to the Designer Discussions forum this is the best place to get help from the Community. This article "Q&A: Where Do I Post My Questions?" should also help you out. 

If this @RishiK 's post helped you please mark it as a solution. Thank you!

Let us know if you need any help! 

Cheers, 

Steph Vitale-Havreng
cheangvi
7 - Meteor

HI @RishiK,

Thanks for the response.

It's given me some ideas to try, as I tried to search myself.

Yes, Gallery have access to the folder.  Eventually I found there was a space in the UNC in the folder names, as I added output to log file in Command Arguments field.  When I put quotes around the folder + file name, it ran successfully in Gallery :-).

Note: Designer did not require the double quotes around folder + file name in Command Arguments to run and I had the same folder name (with a space) in Output and Command fields, both were good to run.

Cheers

Labels