Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run Command silently in Events at the end of a workflow

mrmo
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I'm looking to see if there is a way to run a Command "silently" in the Events section of a workflow.

If using the [Run Command] tool, you can do this by checking the "Run Silent" box, but is there a way to do this for a Command ran at the end of a workflow using the Events tab?  Maybe using a Command Argument?

I'm running a .cmd file.

4 REPLIES 4
Inactive User
Not applicable

nircmd elevatecmd exec hide

mrmo
5 - Atom

Any way to do this without a 3rd party application?

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Bit of a thread revival, but in case you didn't get round to doing this, I'd chose to use WSCRIPT and VBS to do this. 

This article is the best I can find to explain it, about a third of the way down.

mrmo
5 - Atom

Great!  Thanks for the response and link!

This answered my question "There is no standard built in way to completely hide the console window from showing so if you want to do that another solution is required."  Basically, there's no built in command line function that hides the command window during execution.

Alteryx has checkboxes that can do this when using the Run Command tool, but these options are not available when using the Run Command option in the Events tab.  Good to know, thank you.

Labels