Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Run Command feature in Alteryx Events

Akshay_K
5 - Atom

Hi everyone, 

I was trying to use the Run Command feature in Alteryx Designer to run another workflow just after the completion of one workflow without errors. The original workflow should run as per the schedule, but when it runs I am getting the below error:

Error: Designer x64: Error running Event #6: The external program "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxService.exe" returned an error code: 12: The system could not find the environment option that was entered. (203).

Is there some environment variable that should be added, please guide me how to solve this error.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi,@Akshay_K 

Maybe you need snap the event diag-box to show all option, then we can help you find out the cause. 

Your Command line can input like: 

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe "MyWorkflow.yxmd"

BTW, If use AlteryxEngineCmd.exe, you need have automation license first.

Akshay_K
5 - Atom

Hi @flying008,

I tried both paths: 

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxService.exe

I have two licences:

Alteryx Designer and Alteryx Desktop Automation

Below mentioned are the options given:

Run Event When: After Run Without Errors

Command: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxService.exe

Command Arguments: addtoqueue=Sample path\Trial.yxmd, Sample DESKTOP-ID, Sample Controller Token, true

Error messages: 

Error: Designer x64: Error running Event #2: The external program "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" returned an error code: 2: The system could not find the environment option that was entered. (203) 

Or

Error: Designer x64: Error running Event #6: The external program "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxService.exe" returned an error code: 12: The system could not find the environment option that was entered. (203)

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi,@Akshay_K 

Try the Command syntax : (if your path both are right.)

Command:  (there is no quotation marks! )

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe

Command Arguments :

"D:\abc\Trial.yxmd"

OR:

flying008_0-1658481750288.png

Akshay_K
5 - Atom

This solution didn't work for me. Getting same errors.

Labels