Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run Command failing on scheduler

joao
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I've built a really simple ETL, it has 1 command, RUN a bat file with a python script inside. If I run the file on the command it runs fine, if I run on Alteryx it runs fine, in Scheduler it fails with:

Start: Designer x64: Started running at 2017-02-07 15:24:21
Error: Tool #14: The external program "C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\ETL-Alteryx\bigquery\donor_last_touch\donor_last_touch.bat" returned an error code: 1
End: Designer x64: Finished running in 3.9 seconds

Any ideas?

Thanks

Joao

14 REPLIES 14
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Moderator's Note: We've marked @dev_raut 's post as a solution as it's worked for some users who reached out to us.

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
mcha54
8 - Asteroid

We had been using the @dev_raut 's solution (create the two Desktop folders) on our Scheduler and it has worked up until recently.

Before, the workflow would at least show red/failed if the VB Script to format the Excel failed. Now the workflow shows green/success, but there are no changes to the Excel file.

Has anyone else encountered this lately?

Keehn
5 - Atom

Dev_raut is a LEGEND. This is the solution of the year. 

stapuff
9 - Comet

Glad this was posted. Created the 2 folders as suggested and works flawlessly.

Puff

EthanRiverside
6 - Meteoroid

this method works! Thanks a lot!

I had a vbs file to run Excel macro. I goal is to use Alteryx to run the Excel macro. tried a lot ways finally this creating two Desktop folders method worked. 

Labels