Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run Command failing on scheduler

joao
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I've built a really simple ETL, it has 1 command, RUN a bat file with a python script inside. If I run the file on the command it runs fine, if I run on Alteryx it runs fine, in Scheduler it fails with:

Start: Designer x64: Started running at 2017-02-07 15:24:21
Error: Tool #14: The external program "C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\ETL-Alteryx\bigquery\donor_last_touch\donor_last_touch.bat" returned an error code: 1
End: Designer x64: Finished running in 3.9 seconds

Any ideas?

Thanks

Joao

14 REPLIES 14
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Moderator's Note: We've marked @dev_raut 's post as a solution as it's worked for some users who reached out to us.

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
mcha54
8 - Asteroid

We had been using the @dev_raut 's solution (create the two Desktop folders) on our Scheduler and it has worked up until recently.

Before, the workflow would at least show red/failed if the VB Script to format the Excel failed. Now the workflow shows green/success, but there are no changes to the Excel file.

Has anyone else encountered this lately?

Keehn
5 - Atom

Dev_raut is a LEGEND. This is the solution of the year. 

stapuff
9 - Comet

Glad this was posted. Created the 2 folders as suggested and works flawlessly.

Puff

EthanRiverside
6 - Meteoroid

this method works! Thanks a lot!

I had a vbs file to run Excel macro. I goal is to use Alteryx to run the Excel macro. tried a lot ways finally this creating two Desktop folders method worked. 

Labels