community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
SOLVED

Run Command Tool - Code 2 Error

Atom

Hi All,

I have been running into issues every time that I try and execute a python script using the Alteryx run command tool.  Screenshot of the error below.  I did read through some of the other posts on run command errors but couldnt seem to rectify the error.  Appreciate it if you could look into this.  

Also - I have tested the script and am able to run it successfully via the Windows CMD tool.  

Rgds,

Ishan

code2error.PNG 

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Ishan

An error code of 2 is usually (not always) file not found.

This to me would suggest that your python script isn't correctly picking up the file. Are you using a relative path in your script? As it may be that when you run it from the cmd line you are in a different location and that is why it works.

Could you switch your script to either use a full path, or what might be better still to accept an argument with the path and pass that through from Alteryx.

Atom

Thanks Joe,

When I input the full file path - it works but now returns a code 1 error which seems to me that it is not liking something that is in the script.  Seems a bit odd that it works fine when I run the script in the Python shell or via the cmd tool it works fine - but returns a code 1 error. 

I have also tried replacing my script with a simple one line Print('Hello World') which runs without any issues.  Are there any known issues with running longer scripts via the run command tool in Alteryx?  I call on packages such as pulp, numpy and e.t.c in the script.   

Labels