Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run Alteryx from website

Kfir87
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I try to develop internal website that runs Alteryx workflow which store on the server. 

There is any way to run the workflow from Javascript , API. 

in other words,  the user needs to navigate in chrome to the website and click on the button then the Alteryx workflow will run .\

thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I think this is possible and I believe I have seen it in action. 

I'd consider moving this post to the 'developer' space (seperate community almost, can be found on the left panel of the community) which looks at the Alteryx Server REST API and how you can work with it.

Ben

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yes, this is possible. Every workflow/app that is on the Gallery is accessible via API.

If you go to '<your gallery address>/api-docs' then you will see the instructions for calling apps via the api. There is a node.js example available there as well as a page that you can test the api on.

Kfir87
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Kaneg,

Thank you for your reply,

I didn`t understand your explanation , I saved my workflow (.yxmd file) on the server (and Alteryx also installed) and now I want to develop internal website and send this website to my colleges.

The propose of this website is to prevent from the end user to change the workflow. The website will contain buttons and each button will run another workflow.

Is the API can help me ?

BTW, where can I find the '<your gallery address>/api-docs' ?

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

For the public API docs, you can go to https://gallery.alteryx.com/api-docs/, which is also accessible via the Help Portal. Those API Docs will also be available on your Alteryx Server by replacing gallery.alteryx.com with your Alteryx Gallery Address.

On the api docs page, if you click on 'Creating your own API Client', then you will see links to sample clients in C# and javascript.

As a quick point though, you mentioned that you saved the yxmd on the server, you would need to actually publish it to your Alteryx Gallery (The Gallery is included with Alteryx Server and is the main access point for sharing and deployment on Server).

parul1
5 - Atom

Hi

I have the same requirement to integrate the website with Alteryx workflow.

can u please provide me the steps, which you have applied on ur solution.

Thanks

Labels