Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run Alteryx Workflow from .net application using Alteryx Designer only

RitaChebl
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I would like to run an Alteryx Workflow from the Designer simply by clicking on a button from a third party application (such as Tableau).

In other words, the user needs to navigate in Tableau, click on the button then the workflow will run.

I searched for it, I am able to use a .net application. From Tableau, I can call this web service through URL. In this web service, something should be added in order to run an Alteryx workflow.

Is there any solution using ONLY Alteryx DESIGNER?

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
No; it is against the end user license agreement to trigger a workflow to run with third party software for users without either a scheduler or server license.

Ben
RitaChebl
7 - Meteor

Hello,

thank you for your reply, but i've few questions concerning the Scheduler License:

1. is there any solution/workflow/video showing its functionalities?

2. is it possible to trigger it manually from the third party application, in other words, without accessing the Alteryx Designer application?

Thank you,

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi.

We don't have scheduler licenses, but we have a server license, by my understanding is as follows...

1. You can setup schedules for a workflow to run. A scheduler license is pinned to a computer and can not be used on a server OS; it's basically a tool to hit run on your behalf.

2. If you have a scheduler or server license then yes. The problem you will face is, given a scheduler license is to be used on a local computer and only by the licensed user, only that user will be licensed to trigger tableau to run the application.

If you want a Tableau Server > Alteryx solution then I believe, due to licensing reasons, you will need Alteryx Server too.

Ben

RitaChebl
7 - Meteor

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

Rita.

Labels