Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rows disappeared after union

alternewbie1
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I used union to combine several inputs, and I'm pretty sure they are correctly combined as I can see there is total of  1,644 rows if I use "Browse" tool. However, the actually union outputs only give me 1545 rows. Anyone has any ideas about why this happened? Any inputs would be appreciated.

BrowseCapture.JPG

ReturnCapture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @alternewbie1 

The Browse-Anywhere functionality that's used to to display outputs directly in the tools will often display only some of the rows depending on available memory.  What you should see at the union output is something like this

partial.png

If you scroll down you'll only see 209,688 rows as well. Alteryx keeps track of all the data internally, which why it's all visible in the browse tool, which doesn't apply the memory management tricks.

Dan

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

In the Results window does it show "1,545 of 1,644 records" at the top? The results shown for each tool anchor/connector is limited by a user setting where a Browse tool will show all results. 

Labels