Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Row total

Shreeramps
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Guys,

I am very new to Alteryx, and I am trying to create a simple workflow , summarizing data, I need to add a row with total , how i can add a row total for the attached workbook.

7 REPLIES 7
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @Shreeramps 

Here's a solution for you.

w1.png

The initial Filter and Select tools are there to remove the row and column totals from your input.  Once this is done, transpose the data so it becomes a name/value pair of columns.  Add a Cross Tab tool which is configured to add Column and Row totals.  The Dynamic Rename then removes the "Sum_" from all the output fields, resulting in 

r.png

Dan

Shreeramps
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @ 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

You're welcome  @Shreeramps 

Download the new version that I've attached to the original post.  It's less complex since in your particular case, the columns in the Crosstab output do not get re-ordered alphabetically.  I simplified the workflow to remove the extra tools that were needed to deal with this

Dan

Raj28
5 - Atom

Hi Danilang, Thank you for this solution for total rows and columns but it is strange that in rows total I am not getting the "Total" label instead i am getting NULL. when I download your workflow and it is working, very strange. when I copy the same workflow into another new workflow then again I am getting NULL instead Total label.

Would really appreciate your help!

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Raj28 

This alternate solution might help. Please check it might work for you.

Please use the attached CREW macro.

It will help to get the Total easily. Just select the columns and select the option.

ShankerV_0-1675804118205.png

Let me know if you have further more questions....

Raj28
5 - Atom

Thank you Shanker. but I wanted to upload the analytical app on server and i dont think if i can install this macro on to the server.

Raj28
5 - Atom

Hi Shanker,

I have tried the CREW macro and it is giving me same issue, getting NULL instead Total Label in the last row. Cant understand what is wrong.

Labels