Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Row Spilt as per Amount and Month

raunakrenge
5 - Atom

Untitled.png

Hi All, 

I'm looking  to build the solution for attached screenshot. If my start date is in June 2019 and it runs for the duration of 10 months then I should have 10 rows for that project starting with June 2019 til March 2020 (which is 10 month duration) and Yearly cost should be dividing equally among those duration. 

In summary -  I want to split one row into multiple (based on duration column data).

Thanks in advance.

R

7 REPLIES 7
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @raunakrenge 

You can try something like this

w.png

Start by converting the Start to an Alteryx compatible format and generating the end month for each record.  Then generate the extra rows using Generate Rows tool.  Calculate the monthly cost and the month description, resulting in

r.png 

Dan

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

Hi @raunakrenge,

I've built a workflow that should solve your issue. Please let me know if this works for you or if you have any questions.

Row Spilt as per Amount and Month.PNG

Thanks,

Josh

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @raunakrenge you can use the generate rows to do this. Convert the start date to a date field, and then use this and the duration field to split your data

OllieClarke_0-1572520042757.png

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

Wow that's some weird coincidence to have three solutions within a minute hahaha!

raunakrenge
5 - Atom

Thank you all for the amazingly fast and amazingly accurate answer. I tried all 3 and all are working fine for me. I appreciate your help 🙂

ansars
5 - Atom

Hi ,

I have similar requirement where i need to split the Gross Revenue into Months. However i don't have the duration column handy. I need to first create the duration Column based on the difference from End Date & Start Date. Any suggestions how to bring in the duration first in the same workflow you provided.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ansars 

If you have [Start Date] and [End Date] you can use the following in a formula tool at the start of the workflow to get the duration

DateTimeDiff([EndDate],[StartDate],"months")

Dan

Labels