Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Row Generator Based on ID Column

felixcaspari
7 - Meteor

Alteryx Community,

I would like to find out how to generate rows for one of my data sources. Here is the use the case:

Row_Generator_Summary View.PNG

I was able to leverage the multi-row & row generator, but have not been able to find a solution for all of these scenarios (ID 1-4). Please let me know what you might be able to come up with- thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If I understand your desired outcome correctly, I think something like the attached will do the trick.

GenerateRowsExample.JPG

Basically, you'll want to eliminate the records (such as those in ID 4) that occurred before the Milestone ID sequence started over again, and ensure that you have the max date for all records... then you can use the Generate Rows tool to create a list of Milestone IDs from 0 through the max ID available based on the original data. Join that list back to the original list, and use a union to bring in all the unjoined records created by your Generate Rows tool, and that should get you your desired output! 

Cheers,

NJ

felixcaspari
7 - Meteor

@NicoleJohnson that's awesome, thank you for sharing! Your assessment about the max date by ID was correct. Thanks again for the contribution

Felix

Labels