Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Routing the process flow based on the result of previous tool.

Ranjith15
7 - Meteor

Consider i have three processing flow, but anyone of the processing flow should alone run based on the result of business logic(consider formula tool is used for business logic).  

3 REPLIES 3
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Ranjith15 ,

There are 2 ways to do what you asked:

If the results showed hava a variable that defines where the data should go you could always use a filter tool to redirect your data.

The other way would be to force your data to flow through a specific path using the interface tools to disable the container tools. The ones not selected could be disabled leaving only the right path open.

Cheers

Ranjith15
7 - Meteor

Hi @afv2688 

Is that possible to take value and pass as variable to filter tool on the same workflow? As i mentioned earlier in alteryx only we are calculating the business logic, so we can't able to use interface tool to disable the container and moreover value has to chosen before the starting worklfow at interface tool.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Ranjith15 ,

You can formulate almost everthing on the filter tool if you write it as a custom filter. Depending on your needs.

If you set your example with some dummy data I may be able to set something to you. It only needs to represent the variables as they are right now for you, not be the actual ones.

Cheers

Labels