Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Root element missing, In DB tool

bprakash
5 - Atom

In DB tool in one of my workflow gives error as 'Root Element missing'. Also when i try opening Manage In-DB window to change my password, it doesn't open up and gives the same error. Please help.

Attached document with screen shot of error

6 REPLIES 6
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@bprakash 

The error suggests that the UserConnections.xml file which contains details of all your saved data connections is somehow corrupted. Would you be able to share the file (it is located in C:\Users\bprakash\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine)? I could try to validate the syntax.

Alternatively, close Alteryx and rename the xml. When you open Alteryx next, no saved Data Connections will be available so you will need to recreate them but it will allow you to validate whether it works.

bprakash
5 - Atom

Thanks for the reply.

C:\Users\bprakash\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine

When i go to users\bprakash...i don't find AppData folder....

I see Alteryx folder in my program files

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

I should have said that AppData is a hidden directory. If you paste the path into your File Explorer's address bar, you will be able to access it.

bprakash
5 - Atom

Thanks.

Attached the file

bprakash
5 - Atom

I deleted the user connection file and recreated a new connection. It works now.

Thanks for your help

guth05
6 - Meteoroid

Deleting the files did not work for me.  However, what worked was that I uninstalled Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 32 Bit and installed Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 64 bit.  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Labels