Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rookie with crosstab question

alison
7 - Meteor

I'm so very new to the alteryx world, so please forgive me for what I am sure is a stupid question.

I'm trying to replicate a report I used to produce in a different reporting tool which features multiple variables in a crosstab format.

clipboard_image_0.png

My data is set up sort of like this:

clipboard_image_1.png

I feel confident there is a way to do this in Alteryx, but I've only been able to figure out how to show one variable for each day (either Pounds or Scrap, but not both). I'm also not sure the best way to introduce my % calculation. Should I add the formula into my original data or somehow bring it in later? There is an indeterminate number of "Material #s" if that makes a difference. 

(If I am putting this question in the wrong place, please let me know that as well!)

TIA!

4 REPLIES 4
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@alison 

You will need to Transpose your data first to get the categories into one column and values in the other and then reshape it using the Crosstab. Both can be found within the Transform tool category.

alison
7 - Meteor

Transpose to something like this? I still can't figure out how to get multiple variables for each day in the following crosstab?

clipboard_image_0.png

rafalolbert
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @alison,

Try something like this - to perfectly match your setup you'll need to reach to Reporting tools:

img1.JPG

Thanks,

Rafal

#Excuse me, do you speak Alteryx?

alison
7 - Meteor

This is great, @rafalobert! Just the nudge I needed to get pointed in the right direction. Thanks so much!

Labels