Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rolling forward workflow with batch macro

DR711
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am making a copy of a workflow that includes a macro. I've updated the file paths throughout the new workflow, however, I am running into an issue with a macro. The prior year macro is designed with a control parameter connected to an update value action to pull in all files *.* from a specific directory path and split file names to column, select and rename columns, cleanse null fields, and then join with another table to produce an output that is then carried back to the main workflow. When I run the current year macro, instead of pulling in each file and ultimately joining it with the secondary table and compiling them all in the workflow, the macro is returning duplicate lines of data for only one of the files in the directory. I have attached some screen shots of the workflow portion as well as the macro hopefully they will help.

3 REPLIES 3
taylor_butler
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @DR711 - are you able to export the workflow and attach it to this post? That may be easier to troubleshoot instead of the screenshots. 

ericsundby
Alteryx
Alteryx

This would be pretty tough to troubleshoot without actually being able to see the workflow, itself. The only thing I can think of without seeing the entire workflow is to make sure you have the checkbox in the Action tool labeled "Replace a specific string" checked and configured correctly. 

ericsundby_1-1657769486861.png

DR711
5 - Atom

That was it! Thanks for that even if I couldn't upload the workflow.

Labels