Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reverse transpose

legwu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Alteryx Community,

I have a problem with a dataset. I need to create a table with multiple fields, changing some of the data values to fields, when I have received data with only two fields. It is sort of a 'reverse transpose'.

This isn't very clear an explanation, I apologise, but I have added a spreadsheet to illustrate the transformation I am looking to do on the data set.

The 'Before' tab shows the data format currently. The 'After' tab has the desired result.

I am struggling to find the combination of operations to do this. One option is a formula which performs a look up in the data set for each field (i.e. a formula for a field 'State' which looks up the 'Company' field and 'State' to find the answer). But I'm not sure how to code this sort of multi-field vlookup either. Can you help with this?

Thanks,

Lincoln

2 REPLIES 2
jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

@legwu 

No problem! I think you can get this done with one tool, called the Cross Tab tool!

the_jake_tool_0-1593091923995.png

the_jake_tool_1-1593091973395.png

Let me know if this helps.

Please like and accept if it does.

Thanks, 

J

legwu
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for this! This has worked perfectly.

Labels