Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reverse a Number in each row

berty
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I'm fairly new to Alteryx and i'm having an issue with a number - i need to reverse numbers in a column using Alteryx but cannot seem to figure out how to do this.

I have a set of numbers in each row -

Example

Number           Expected Reverse Result

123456             654321

789456             654987

741852             258147

5 REPLIES 5
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @berty 

You could try:

ToNumber(ReverseString(tostring([Number])))

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

This might help in the future, to identify a Function for a specific purpose.

This page lists all Functions:

https://help.alteryx.com/current/Reference/Functions.htm

Under the Search box, if you click the 3rd icon for Expand All, you can then search for "reverse" to find information on the ReverseString function.

berty
8 - Asteroid

Just a quick question, I noticed on some of my values it didn't carry through correctly for example serial code 00000879 translated as 978 but in reality it should be a min of 4 - therefore should show 9870 - (note the other serials could be 5 or 6 character long but where a 0 is on the 4th character it drops. is there a way around this?

berty
8 - Asteroid

Actually i could add a formula in to check character length?

If length ([field 1] <4 the add?  - but not sure how to finsh this off?

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @berty 

In that case just use ReverseString([Field])

If you have a Serial Code like "00000879" this is already considered a String, not a number. Number types don't allow "0"s in front. Then you don't need to use conversions like ToString, or ToNumber.

Cheers,

Labels