Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reusing reserved variables outside Alteryx

timewaste
8 - Asteroid

Hello Peers,

When we set up an action to send out an email within the workflow(enabled performance profiling), we notice following variables outputted to our email:

%AppName%

%Module%

%NumErrors%

%User%

%ComputerName%

%WorkingDir%

%NumErrors%

%NumConvErrors%

%Warnings%

%OutputLog%

My question is can we reuse them to output to a table outside Alteryx ... like write this information to a table in Oracle? And where can we find Session ID of the workflow to write to output as well?

Thoughts please.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @timewaste,

Thanks for your question! The variables mentioned are in the log files. This use case from our community contains a workflow demonstrating how you can parse and analyze the log files. Rather than (or in addition to) sending an email with the log, please look up (or set if it has not yet been done) the logging directory by changing the Engine system settings (or user settings for a particular user).

Best wishes,

Amelia

timewaste
8 - Asteroid

@AmeliaG Sure, I think this is great article. But, I don't notice any information on Session ID of the workflow as it is not available in log information too for that matter. Is there a variable associated with session something like this %SessionID%?

Thanks.

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

@timewaste,

You can grab a unique identifier for each run from the log file name. See the attached workflow for an example. 

Best wishes,

Amelia

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

@AmeliaG is the use case still available?

When I click the link you posted, the page https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Use-Cases/Analyze-Alteryx-Log-Files/ta-p/61742

results in Access Denied

Anshita
8 - Asteroid

@AmeliaG Yes for me as well Access Denied. Can you please reshare the link with us

annamalaimoorthy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AmeliaG , 

I am no able to access the Use case in the link you have shared. Can you please help to share the sample workflow from the use case here. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-KB-Archive/Analyze-Alteryx-Log-Files/ta-p/61742

Access Denied
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Labels