Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Returning only only value from many

aberry0613
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone.  I have a set of data that has multiple lines for a resource that looks something like this (multiple unneeded columns remove; data in attached workflow as all columns.)  Basically, multiple rows per employee

Raw Data.jpg

What I Need is something that looks like this (yellow columns added from the non Primary Function data:

End Product.jpg

One row per employee with a yes or no equivalent in new columns. 

The workflow I have so far looks at each line separate and adds the information based on my formula for each line so I still get multiple lines per employee.  I need one line per employee.  If they have MSE Headcount anywhere in their non primary function, I want the designation in the new MSE Designation column.  Same for the capacity. 

Thank you for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
andre347
10 - Fireball

I've attached a workflow that returns the output you posted in your second workflow. Go through it and see if it makes sense. Let me know if you need more information. I used a multi-row formula and the sample tool (to find the first row for each Name)

I created this in Alteryx v11.3

nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

The attached solution should do what you are looking to do.  Essentially, you can use the summarize tool to concatenate all of the non primary functions for a given resource.  Then use the formula tool and the contains function to determine if the non primary function is in that concatenated string.

Hope that helps!

aberry0613
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!  A very simple solution

aberry0613
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!  This should work.  I'll let know you know if I need more information. :-)

Labels