Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Return "0" on multiple match based on criteria in previous row

collinsj75
Atome

Hoping someone can help.  I have the attached, this is the output of my workflow.  I want duplicate values in "Sales" to only show the first match then "0" on subsequent matches. For example "Sales" in row 2 would show "79.66" but rows 3-9 would dhow "0" for "Sales", then Row 10 would show "88.02" because it is a new value in the "Order ID" field.

collinsj75_0-1625164931472.png

6 RÉPONSES 6

Hey @collinsj75 

There are a couple of ways you can do this, but I'd probably use a couple of Multi-Row Formula tools. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1625165539991.png

Attached is a sample workflow for you to try.

Cheers!

Phil

collinsj75
Atome

Phil, you are a genius my Friend!  thanks for the help!

apathetichell
Pollux

The tile tool really shines here - it automatically creates a record id for each count of a specific value (in this case you group by sales) and then a simple formula tool extracts those situations where the record id is greater than 1.

@apathetichell Great solution! I always forget about the Tile Tool. I also realized after I answered that I didn't need the second Multi-Row Formula tool. I could've just used a regular formula tool. 

apathetichell
Pollux

@Maskell_RascalThanks - I love how the Tile Tool seems so unassuming and uninteresting but is so versatile - it's like the antithesis of Dynamic Input which sounds like something you'll use a ton but has a fairly limited set of uses. Now - off to find a use for Multi-Field Binning.

Vaithi
Météore

Hi All,

This can be done in one step formula in Multiple row formula tool. Attaching the workflow for your reference.

Vaithi_0-1625503119951.png

Étiquettes