Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Return most recent date

Colejweinman
7 - Meteor

Hello!

I have a request to automate a repot for a colleague. The issue I am having is that the data in this report is usually about 48 hours old.

Is there any way that I can tell Alteryx to just return the most recent day's worth of data? I have everything filtered down, but it's returning all the days within the table.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Sure!  In the Filter tool, compare a date from your DataSet to "DateTimeToday()" or "DateTimeNow()" which can be found under the DateTime functions.

Colejweinman
7 - Meteor

I'm sorry, I'm a bit new, can you explain what you mean by 'Compare'?

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

I've attached a sample workflow that generates some sample dates and then does a filter based on the current day. Hope it helps!

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here is another approach that might be worth trying:

Use a summarize to find the max_date and join that back to the dataset to find all the data from the latest day 

Colejweinman
7 - Meteor

Thanks, John! For some reason this didn't play nice with my data. I appreciate you taking the time!

Colejweinman
7 - Meteor

Thank you, Joe!

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

@JoeM's solution finds things within a day of the most recent day in the file; mine found things within a day of when you're running the workflow.  Two different interpretations of the question; glad Joe's worked for you!

Labels