Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Results pane empty after multijoin tool

rob_lawson
7 - Meteor

Hi

Curious issue here.

I have a workflow where I am leveraging multiple in-house macros, to run SQL against our database. I'm running three instances of the macro, one each for 3 different CAT ID values. Using the MultiJoin tool (although I'm seeing the same results if I use two different Join tools) the results pane is empty after the MultiJoin tool yet the Browse tool picks up data. See screen shots.
EMPL DATA #1 - is the whole workflow;
EMPL DATA #2 - is the Results pane view after each of the three macros, leading into the MultiJoin tool;

EMPL DATA #3 - is the Results pane view after the MJ tool;

EMPL DATA #4 - is the Results pane view after the Browse tool.

Any ideas on why data appears to be passing through yet isn't.

FYI, this is a new issue but there have been no version updates made on my system. Running version 2019.2

Thanks!

Rob Lawson

2 REPLIES 2
NickSm
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @rob_lawson,

The most common culprit for not seeing data unless using a browse tool is usually a memory issue, where data is more than what's set as the default for being able to preview.

I would check this setting in Options > User settings > Edit User Settings > Advanced to make sure it's not particularly low, or you can try bumping this up a bit to then see if you can preview the data at that particular anchor after the multi-join.

clipboard_image_0.png

A previous post that can be referenced:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/results-window-not-displaying-data-any...

rob_lawson
7 - Meteor

I'll be damned NickSM, if that didn't do the trick!

Not sure why all of a sudden that happened, but I can now work my Sys Admin to dig into this.

For the time being, Wrorkflow is now working as expected.

Thanks!

Labels