Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

RestAPI with Client Secret

Dennisklad1
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I am trying to download some data from my Organization's Sharepoint with a simple RestAPI Get request where we have a user id and a secret.

I am unsure how to use the download tool in Alteryx. By trying to use id as username and secret as password I get a 401 Unauthorized error.

What am I doing wrong. This topic is really confusing and I can't find much on the internet. What are the steps I should take.

2 REPLIES 2
smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hi @Dennisklad1 --

I have been also learning how to directly access our on-prem SharePoint site. Here is a link to the Microsoft documentation which have been invaluable to me. APIs are not my thing so it's taken me a few tries, but, I now can download files from SharePoint.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/get-to-know-the-sharepoint-rest-service?t...

Thanks,

Seth

Dennisklad1
8 - Asteroid

Well thanks, but I am having trouble with the Authentification.

I dont think this documentation helps me in that case.

Labels