Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Request help removing "00:00:00" from Date field

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I have this formula:

DateTimeTrim(DatetimeAdd([Create Date],1,"month"),"day")

I'm adding 1 month to the date in [Create Date] << a home made field, and would like the "00:00:00" removed. I thought the DateTimeTrim() would do that with the parameter "day", but it's not removing the zeros. 

Thanks in advance, 

Chris

8 REPLIES 8
Lwt08
6 - Meteoroid

The DateTimeTrim function will basically round the datetime down to the unit you want. i.e. day trims time to 00:00:00 regardless of what it was previously. I recommend either using datetimeformat to just format out the time or a regex_replace function call of " .*", "" assuming your date is not separated by spaces.

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Archaeopteryx 

The Formula tool can't change the data type of an existing field. But, you can create a new field with a data type of Date, and then the time piece should fall away.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,

Esther

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Archaeoptryx,

Try using this formula.

Thanks.

Date_time_format.PNG 

Sapna Gupta
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Or ... use a select tool and change the type to DATE.

cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi EstherB47, 

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi grazitti_sapna

My result is null when I use this formula. Let me break down my components.

The formula is named [Create Date plus a month]

DateTimeFormat(DatetimeAdd([Create Date],1,"month"),"%B %d, %Y"), its type is Date. I'm using the format "%B %d%Y".

The formula [Create Date] consists of these functions: ToDate(DateTimeStart()), its type is Date.

My output renders "null" .

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hey everyone,

I got this working now. I appreciate all your input. I have to focus on keeping the data types straight. I want to use a format of "July 4, 2019" So, that's a V_String, not a date. duh! 

Thanks again,

Chris

EoinK
5 - Atom

Thanks!

This was ideal, sorted it immediately 

Labels