Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reporting out of predictive models?

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I'm finding painfully little information on how to do reporting out of predictive models. 

I know I can hook a browse and then look at it. But if I want to formally report than which report snip do I attach to the "R" output, I'm tired of playing hide and go seek trying to figure it out. 

Also, i have a log analysis that I ran and only had a browser hooked to it. I'd like to capture the information I see on the report, but don't seem to have a means to 'export' or copy or anything else for permanently capturing it. I could run again, but it was hours. 

Also, if I do a straight export out of a predictive I don't see an appropriate file type for just doing an 'output'.   

So here I am, not able to figure out how to either render the report, or export the predictive analytics "R".   I'm sure it's prob easy, but I've burned way too much time looking trying to figure it out.  

TIA

7 REPLIES 7
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

If you want to capture the Report (R) out of a predictive tool, you can attach a Render tool to it. This will output the report to a file of your choice, such as a PDF. 

However, as with everything in Designer, you'd need to re-run the workflow to actually get that portion to run and produce the output file.

echuong1_0-1612291334306.png

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

No way to send them to a snippet and union them to output in a report?

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It is a report object, meaning you can use it the same as you would any other report object. In the example below, I created a report containing the table output by the Score tool, as well as the overall report from the model.

echuong1_0-1612297090898.png

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

So repeating back to be sure I've got it.  The "R" out of a predictive 'is' the report snip and can be used similar to any of the other reporting snipits (table, report map, report text, etc) .... 

Just attach to a union, layout, and render. 

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

That is correct. There are a number of sample predictive workflows built in Designer that you can test this with as well.

If this resolves your issue, please mark this thread as solved so others can find answers more easily. Thanks!

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

WaterMark_0-1612300097635.png

Any thoughts what I might look at here?

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The error you're seeing is for the model comparison tool, and I cannot see your configurations of your other tools, so I can't offer any suggestions as to what is wrong. I attached a sample, so you can check your configurations. I suggest taking a look at the help documentation as well:

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/model-comparison-tool

Also, this is a separate issue than what you originally posted about (outputting the report generated from the predictive tools), so I suggest creating another thread to make the Community easily searchable for others.

Labels