Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reporting on Missing Records

Tessa_Gable
7 - Meteor

I am using an Alteryx Workflow to create KPI's defined by the organization for a period of time.

The workflow will be scheduled to run once a week around 1:00 am.  It will output to Tableau Server as a data source and an interactive viz will be created to view the results.  

I may have active users that have not logged-in during this time and in Tableau they are dropping off but users could login multiple times a day also.  I only want to count how many they login in a day.  I have attached a simplified part of the workflow and I need all 7 users to show for more accurate reporting.  In this workflow 3 of my users are falling off.  

I'm not sure the best way to address this be it a if/then, or create row tool.

I would expect Tableau to return 57% of my active users have logged in in the week.

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Tessa_Gable 

One approach to this would be to use another input with the list of all users and a zero placeholder afterwards.

Original data which is currently displayed

Bob - 2

John - 3

Sally - 4

Sue and Peggy are also individuals who exist but have not logged in. By using another input with these individuals and a formula tool with a zero placeholder, unioning, and then summarizing, you can display these other users with zeroes. 

Original data:

Bob - 2

John - 3

Sally - 4

Placeholder data: 

Bob - 0

John - 0

Sally - 0

Sue - 0

Peggy - 0

Data after union:

Bob - 2

John - 3

Sally - 4

Bob - 0

John - 0

Sally - 0

Sue - 0

Peggy - 0

Data after summarizing (what you want):

Bob - 2

John - 3

Sally - 4

Sue - 0

Peggy - 0

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Tessa_Gable 

Try something like this

w.png

Filter the login data before you Left join to the user list.

R.png

All your users are reported and the ones that haven't login in during the period in question have a login date of null

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Tessa_Gable
Did either of the above solutions work for you? If so, could you please mark one of both as a solution so others who encounter a similar issue will know what worked for you?

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
Labels