Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reporting in an existing Excel Spreadsheet

MarshaThompson
6 - Meteoroid

Good afternoon,

My workflow builds a lot of data and outputs it to different Excel tabs.   As a final step, I merge and summarize the data then flow through a Table, Layout and Render Tool to export the final piece of data into that same Excel spreadsheet.    My render tool is exporting multiple report tabs based on a field in the data but it corrupts my Excel spreadsheet and removes several of my existing Tabs.   How do I get it to output my report without blowing away the other tabs.

Also.....The file that it outputs to needs to be entered by the app user.   I use a file browse tool and an Action Tool to get the file name to the Output tool.   I tried to use an Action Tool to update the value in the Render tool.....That didn't seem to work.  Anybody have a solution for that as well?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @MarshaThompson

Using the render tool is going to have this affect, do you need to use the render tool?

You can just as easily write to multiple sheets using the standard output tool

MarshaThompson
6 - Meteoroid

I think I do because how the output needs to be formatted.   What I've decided to do is render the spreadsheet and then output my other tabs.   I think this should work.

Thanks

Labels