Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reporting Output format

ShreyaSharma
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me to get the require Output as I attached ( Color highlighted , Report format, Tab color, change the negative balance as red color)

Really appreciate your support 

7 REPLIES 7
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ShreyaSharma 

What you're asking for is quite a lot of work.  Do you have an initial workflow with preexisting table tools that we use as a starting point?

Dan

ShreyaSharma
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danilang 

Thanks for your response.

Do you want the output in Alteryx I can provide you. However, I am not sure how  to perform the color those items and tabs

Many Thanks

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ShreyaSharma 

If you could provide your workflow and some sample input data, that would be great.  With that we can show you how to include column and row rules in the table tools to create the required output.

Dan

ShreyaSharma
8 - Asteroid

Please find attached 

@danilang 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ShreyaSharma 

Here are the basic techniques to get the effects you're looking for.  You need to use a table tool to apply the formatting and then a render tool to write the files.  As an example, here's the configuration of the row rule to create alternating row colours

danilang_0-1610205736639.png

Another options is to output to an Excel file that already has the formatting applied to a named range. This option is only in newer Alteryx versions (2020.2 and up, I think) 

danilang_2-1610206045356.png

Dan

ShreyaSharma
8 - Asteroid

Hi

@danilang 

Thanks for your support

One question If I want the output on excel sheet instead of Temporary Pdf document will those configuration work on excel as well?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ShreyaSharma 

Yes it will. Just change the output mode  to "Choose a specific output file" and specify the file name and set up the type specific options.

Dan 

Labels