Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reporting Format - Footer

Muralisagar
8 - Asteroid

HI, I am creating a workflow that generates Automated letters(PDFs) capturing data from Excel data fields. For letters, I would need the footer in a particular format (3 paragraphs 3 different in columns, attached screenshot with required format), any suggestions please

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Muralisagar 

You can definitely make this happen. This may sounds odd, but I typically don't use the Header or Footer tools in the Reporting category. Why? because there's nothing in those tools that can't be done with other Reporting tools and any layout field can be used as a header or footer field. I bring this up because what I recommend is that you build the footer using the other Reporting tools and the Render tool can use it all the same. 

Check out the attached workflow see an example of what I'm talking about and let me know if you have any questions. 

20200814-Footer.PNG

Muralisagar
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @CharlieS that's very helpful. Great explanation 🙂

how do I give margin in the bottom of the page, I tried A4 & margin as 1 inch in render tool, still the footer is in the edge

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Happy to help!

@Muralisagar wrote:

how do I give margin in the bottom of the page, I tried A4 & margin as 1 inch in render tool, still the footer is in the edge

In the Render tool configuration, there's a setting just below where you set the Footer field to set "Header/Footer Edge Distance (points)" increase this value to move the footer from the bottom edge. 

martman
8 - Asteroid

But how do you get a page count?

Labels