Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reporting Alteryx

mrnice
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

I'm trying to automate a sales report which is currently being sent out manually (emailed).

At the moment the report gets generated in excel and then saved as a PDF (both samples attached).

My question:

• I'm fine formatting the body of the report in alteryx but would like to know if its possible using the reporting tool to dynamically keep the same format for the headers? So for the example below (also attached) the week numbers would change to reflect the current week but the text would remain the same and in the same position within the report.

• Once the above is working I would then like to append the report body so the final result (as PDF) would look like:

Thank you all in advance and please let me know if you need more information.

2 REPLIES 2
EddieW
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @mrnice,

Thank you for the post. It appears your attachment didn't attach successfully. Could you please attach the example again? How's the header looking right now? What will change and what will not change?  

Thanks,

Eddie Wong
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx
mrnice
7 - Meteor

Thank you @EddieW for coming back to me.

I have managed to resolve this by combining Alteryx with some VBA macros. I might revisit this in the future but for now its all good.

Labels