Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Report update based on user input

dexter90
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to create a report using Alteryx that would run based on user input.Which is the tool to be used for reporting for getting user input and updating the input based on it.

For example: my input has ID-Text

User input ID-123

Report should generate the table with details of 123 only.

7 REPLIES 7
Dazzerman
11 - Bolide

You can do this with an Analytic Application.

Start here for an introduction on how to develop them :

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Using-Analytic-Applications/ta-p/243106#done

JordyMicheal
11 - Bolide

Hey Dexter!

Just to give you a bit more here, I've made you a workflow that contains a couple examples.

One has a text box where the user can enter free form text. Make sure to spell things correctly!

One has a list box where the user can select the entries that appear in the data, this is great for databases.

Hope that helps you out!

rafalolbert
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @dexter90,

Here is a working example:

1) derive Drop Down options from Text Input tool (there is a little trick here to Cross Tab values to field names and only this can feed into Drop Down tool from same workflow - there are other ways this info can be provided from, depending on your setup)

2) Update Cell from the selection and only output this in the output file (with the above trick, Cross Tab enforces '-' character as '_', so to match the original values this is reverse engineered using the Formula tool)

img1.JPG

Thanks,

Rafal

#Excuse me, do you speak Alteryx?

dexter90
8 - Asteroid

Here is a sample workflow I am attaching.I am having 2018 version and cant use higher version workflow.

I have to generate 2 tables in my report-1) summary. 2) details by each ID

The user needs to input which ID details report he needs.

JordyMicheal
11 - Bolide

There you go

dexter90
8 - Asteroid

not able to import due to version limitations.I am using a 2018 version.

JordyMicheal
11 - Bolide

@dexter90 I'd suggest updating and taking a lot at the workflows provided for you.
Everything you need is in them

Labels