Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Report text spacing

abhijeet_86
7 - Meteor
CompanyEquipTime
ABCAC12:00
  01:00
BACFAN13:00
  14:30
 Light15:00
  17:00
CABFAN23:00
 Light01:30
 AC02:30

This my data set where I want the data in word document when using the report text tool there is row gap could you please help me I dont want any row gaps.

The output should be in below format.

ABC

AC

.12:00

.01:00

BAC

FAN

. 13:00

. 14:30

Light

.15:00

.17:00

CAB

FAN

.23:00

Light

.01:30

AC

.02:30

4 REPLIES 4
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @abhijeet_86 

You can transpose your data and remove the row gaps. You won't be able to indent any fields using this method, so I added a formula tool at the beginning of the workflow to add the indents to get the desired formatting in the Report Text tool. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1588709811031.png

Try out this workflow and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks!

Phil

abhijeet_86
7 - Meteor

HI @Maskell_Rascal  thanks for the solution need one more help i need to have bullet points in Time , however when I am adding it is really small wanted to have bold could  not able to figure it out

abhijeet_86
7 - Meteor

Hi @Maskell_Rascal the bullet point issue solved

PaulStark
6 - Meteoroid

How was the Bullet point issue solved? I'm trying to build a bulleted list in the Report tool, but I don't know how to create the different bullets for each level of the list. I have 5 layers that I need to differentiate between in the bullet list.

Labels