community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Report Spacing

Atom

I'm new to reporting and am having trouble with spacing between table groupings.  Tables that are longer then one page are missing the bottom border if they extend to the next page and then have a large amount of spacing until the next table.  is there a way to correct/adjust the spacing and borders without having to do a separate page break between each table?

Hi @cmullig,

Sometimes you can add a text tool to put some white space in to align the snippets better.

Can you post a sample workflow?  I'd be happy to take a look / make some recommendations.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Premium Support Advisor | Alteryx
Atom

Jessica:

I appreciate the help.  I've attached a sample of the workflow.  I won't allow me to compress the files to include the data input so I'll upload it separately

Atom

Here is the data input

Hi @cmullig,

In this case, you may want to use multiple layouts to create each page.  I worked up a example of this (see attached).  It's a bit time consuming to build, but should get you to a report that does not split the tables by page.

Please take a look at the attached, and let me know if you have any questions. 

The good news is we have a new layout tool coming out in the future.  You can preview the tool in beta form to get a sense for how the tools will change down the road, making it easier to configure a layout (but note the tool is not yet recommended for production use)

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Laboratory-Tools-Visual-Layout-Alteryx-11-7/...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Visual-Layout/ta-p/83553/jump-t...

Jess Silveri
Atom

Thanks, the problem is each section is dynamic so it's hard to determine how many records would be in each section and they could potential still split across pages.  Is there a way to force a break after it reaches a specific table size?

Hi @cmullig,

Unfortunately, there is not a way to do that. You would be limited to either breaking to have one table per page using the vertical with section breaks layout, or you would need to build the layout for each page separately.

Thanks, 

Jess Silveri
Meteor

@JessicaS 

Agree a better Visual Layout tool is needed. Should be easier to add whitespace between blocks (or tables) or separator lines.

Further, it should be easier to add text to a standardized report. Using input text and report text together seems like unnecessary complexity.

Labels