Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Report Formatting

Colejweinman
7 - Meteor

Good afternoon!

I have a quick question about formatting on report output. I have a report that is not lining up in uniform rows. I've attached a picture, but I for the life of me cannot figure out how to get everything uniform and lined up correctly. Is there a way to force the columns to line up correctly?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Misaligned headers.png

4 REPLIES 4
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

I've noticed this too.  One thing you can try is to output to Excel format; then generate other formats from Excel (save as PDF or HTML for example).

(Not ideal I realize, especially given the manual stp in Excel...)

Colejweinman
7 - Meteor

Unfortunatley, we are trying to recreate a report taht is already sent to the enterprise in the Alteryx (preferred) format, thus, automating it as much as possible without the possiblity of excel or adobe faililng. 

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Another thing you could experiment with is the orientation highlighted below; if the number of columns are the same, they should then line up.

Capture.PNG

Colejweinman
7 - Meteor

This worked! Thanks a bunch. 

Labels