Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Report- Cross tab by month and separate to multiple files by name

PassION_es
9 - Comet

Hi,

I am looking for a way to add in my report the cross-tab tool for effective dates but change them with the following headers: Jun 2022, July 2022, etc..

Desired output are multiple files segregated by the name of the staff with file names in the following format:

Filename: AKING INA SAMPLE 1 as of August 31 2022

Staff name & "as of" reporting month (August 31, 2022) because this month (September) has not closed yet.

PassION_es_0-1662731188746.png

Kindly note that column B in the output is always "CC".

In the input file there are two staff, so the output should be two files per staff. (all dummy snapshots and file)

47 REPLIES 47
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es ohh great !!

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es To get the output in the proper format I think you need to add the output in a render tool. Can you try to connect a table tool and a render tool inside the macro just before the last Select tool? My Alteryx terminates when I connect the select tool output to the Table tool. The configuration should be like the below. I just wanted to see it is working for you or not

Table tool configuration

binuacs_0-1663220828986.png

Render tool configuration

binuacs_1-1663220885631.png

PassION_es
9 - Comet

@binuacs , i'm not getting error on the workflow, however the output has no date append in the filename and the data iniside it includes FPATh column, though I already deselect it in the table too.  And the total is also located in the middle of the report.

Please generated outputs for your reference.  Kindly note that I removed the output file because it generated the same sets of output without formatting, but with dates in the filename:

PassION_es_0-1663224563693.png

I also tried to modify filename in the render tool from Append to Replace filename/entire path with group but it generated the same output filename and data.  Maybe there's a need to be fixed in the prior tools to fix the basic and render tool.

PassION_es
9 - Comet

In addition @binuacs , although I disable the container containing the output tool, still it generated the same set of outputs with dates. So the workflow after running generated two sets of data, one maybe came from the ouput (no formatting), and the other came from render tool.

Please see attached output file with no formatting.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es If the render tool is able to generate the formatted output I think you can delete the output tool from the macro itself. Can you create a new field called sheet name and update like below

binuacs_2-1663226978049.png

then give the original path in the render tool configuration like the below screenshot 

binuacs_1-1663226916720.png

and try to run, it should create two separate files in your specified path

let me know how it goes. 

PassION_es
9 - Comet

@binuacs , its kinda weird.  Right now when i edited the formula tool and add the filaname field, but they no longer recognizable by alteryx.  See snapshots with blank results:

PassION_es_0-1663228927027.png

After running, no outputs generated due to below error:

PassION_es_2-1663229373567.png

Attached is the updated yxmc after applying the instructions you've provided.  (Note I change the table configuration from Group by staff to filename).

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es I made a few changes in the workflow. Can you try the attached workflow

binuacs_0-1663308449339.png

PassION_es
9 - Comet

Hi @binuacs .  The changes generated only one output (the last staff).  No output generated for the first staff.  Total is still in the middle of the report.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es Sorry I made the changes in the old macro, not in the new macro. I will make the changes and share with you

PassION_es
9 - Comet

No worries @binuacs . Take your time. I just also want to thank you for being so helpful.

Labels