Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replicating the Curl --data-binary flag in the Download tool

robertlane
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx Community!

I was hoping that someone could help me with an issue I'm having. I'm trying to replicate in Alteryx an API call that uses Curl. The host I'm making the call to requires that an XML file be attached using the '--data-binary' flag.

Example:

curl -u "USERNAME:PASSWORD" -X "POST" -H "Content-Type: text/xml" -H "Cache-Control: no-cache" --data-binary @list_all_agents.xml
"https://qualysapi.qualys.com/qps/rest/2.0/search/am/hostasset/"

The contents of the XML file would look like this.

<ServiceRequest>
<filters>
<Criteria field="tagName" operator="EQUALS">Cloud Agent</Criteria>
</filters>
</ServiceRequest>

I've tried pasting the XML data directly into the Download tool in the 'Use Following for Query String/Body' field, and I have also tried creating a field using the formula tool and using that field. I get a basic 'Data type not supported' error back from the host using both methods.

Any ideas?

Robert

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

have you tried just using the RunCommand tool?  it could also be the curl version that is delivered with Alteryx not supporting your request.  If you can execute your desired command via the command line, you can use the run command tool and do exactly the same thing within Alteryx.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
robertlane
5 - Atom

Thank you for the reply. I had considered that but I am on a new laptop and don't have curl installed yet. Or, at least, I thought I didn't. I completely missed where it's included with the Alteryx Designer install. I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

kgalbert
9 - Comet

Hey RobertLane,

Were you able to get the Qualys API working in Alteryx?  

This was something I was asked to look at, but checking here first to see if you've already done it and could share it.

Thanks,
Ken

Labels