Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Replicating and excel sheet in alteryx

sg22
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I want to automate an excel sheet which I have designed. There are multiple elements and I am having issues converting this sheet into Alteryx workflow.

Attached is the file for reference. The Input tab consists for formulas and Output tab depicts the desired output.

I'm using different Input anchors. I want to overwrite the amounts as Input tab is a template I'm supposed to use. All the combinations I have tried messes up the order and I can't overwrite the cells as they correspond with the details on column B.

Any guidance is much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @sg22 

are you able to attach your workflow with how you have progressed so far? It might be easier for me to start from that point.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@sg22 
We can use the option of "Preserve Formatting" while outputting Excel file.

But it will difficult to be dynamic in your case.

0225-sg22-1.PNG0225-sg22-2.PNG

sg22
5 - Atom

@TheOC

I managed to make some changes in workflow for the first Part, and its almost same as the output, just that some rows are repeating as there are same numbers with different details on the Entity A tab. I've attached a screenshot of the workflow. image.png

sg22
5 - Atom

@Qiu 

I'm already using the preferences you mentioned for the output tool. But since, the data itself is not in correct order the output is off too. Please refer to the below image:

image.png

Labels