Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replicating a For Each loop in Alteryx?

Bnstates
7 - Meteor

I'm fairly new to Alteryx and I'm trying to find a way to replicate a for each loop. I have data that I need to average the volumes of, but it has to be contingent on the as-of date. I'm looking for something that could help me do something similar to the following:

For Each As-Of-Date

If data = 1 then Average(volume)

ElseIf data = 2 then Average(Volume)

End If

Next As-Of_Date

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
john_miller9
11 - Bolide

Looping in Alteryx is generally handled by using a macro.  However, from what you've provided it looks like this could be accomplished using a summarize tool configured as follows:

Group By: [As-of-Date]

Group By: [data]

Average: [Volume]

But it really depends on what your data looks like and the result you're looking to get.  Can you post a sample of the data?

Bnstates
7 - Meteor

It would be difficult to post a sample of the data, as it's a very large dataset and the data is confidential. However, a summarize might actually do the job, so I'll try that when I get to that step, this was more of a preparatory question. If that doesn't work, I'll make sure to provide a whip up a quick sample if I need to ask again. Thanks!

Labels