Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replicate excel formula IF(COUNTIF) in Alteryx

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Is there a way to replicate below excel formula in Alteryx? I tried my best to use the filter and formula tool by using IF and CONTAINS function but nothing worked. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

IF(COUNTIF(A$2:A$6,A2)>1,TRUE,FALSE)

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aparna0208  sounds like you want to use a summazie tool then a formula tool to do an If to flag if its true or false. yOU Could just use a filter after the summaize tool as well.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aparna0208 

The way you approach certain situations in Alteryx require a different mindset you're used to in Excel.

Here's what I'd do:

Use Summarize Tool to count the occurences of this cell, grouping by your A field;

Use IF Function to define TRUE or FALSE if that cell in specific has a count greater than 1;

Join the result back to your dataset by your A field if you need to repeat this value.

Cheers,

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I would suggest:

clipboard_image_0.png

The summarise creates the counts

Then a formula tool to turn to True/False

Finally join back to the original data

One small catch is the data is reordered in this process, should this be a problem then you can use a RecordID to know original order.

Sample attached

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

It worked! Thank you so much @JosephSerpis @Thableaus @jdunkerley79 for your inputs on this:)

Labels