Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Replacing part of a company name

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

I have data similar to the image below except for a few thousand companies

Company Name Data.JPG

I want to combine them all so that Apple Co and Apple Company have the same name and so on. I tried Fuzzy Match and it was unsuccessful because company names were too similar. Is there a RegEx expression I can use to replace parts of company names to make them more uniform?

Thanks for your help in advance. I've attached the data in a workflow. 

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Hello. Look my workflow, you need apply conection with fuzzy match, make group and find replace to apply a group of names, last only group by name and summarize count. Please review the configuration of the fuzzy match to take into account the denomination of companies, it is very crucial for it to work. Select Fuzzy Match (workflow), go to match fields and select Edit in the field 'name'.

Regards!!!

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

would this work if I have more than two companies with similar names. Like if I have:

Apple Co

Apple Company

Apple

Would it be able to pick up on that?

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Hello @kpfjr . The answer is yes, example:

fuzzy1.png

I add 'Apple' with count = 2, with the worflow, the answer is:

fuzzy2.png

Now, the group of Apple has in count=6 because: 3 (Apple Co) + 1 (Apple Company) + 2 (Apple). If you need replace the name of Group, only use the formula tool when you obtain the answer to standarize the name of the company (example Apple to Apple Company).

Regards!!!

Labels