Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replace repeated values with blanks

BautistaC888
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

i have a database that looks like this:

BautistaC888_0-1623093276073.png

And i need to replace the duplicate values with blanks if the id is the same:

BautistaC888_1-1623093340274.png

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hi,

Can you clarify your logic of what becomes a blank? If you are looking to parse out any repeats in the same column - shouldn't 902 in INT be a blank as well?

I can recreate an output that matches your output using TILE unique value - but in mine INT COPART___Cod_Prv is blank - since it is the second appearance of that value.

If you just want to turn the Locals into blanks that's very straight forward... If grouping by ID is key - here's an attached version which does that. I don't know who scalable it is with your full dataset.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @BautistaC888 ,

Do you mind giving the following workflow a try? I think it does what you're looking for. A summarize tool will find all unique values and keep the first in case there are duplicates. Then you join back on all value fields and the ID, so your duplicate shall fall out of the right output anchor.

AngelosPachis_0-1623093890083.png

Cheers,

Angelos

DataCurious_Nick
6 - Meteoroid

Hi!

Will a multi-row formula with a couple of checks help you out here? 

(Possible solution attached)

Cheers,

Nick

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BautistaC888 ,

This is a simple use of the Unique tool, drop the columns for those that are duplicates, and union back together.

mceleavey_0-1623094865225.png

mceleavey_1-1623094879725.png

Workflow attached.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Labels