Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replace paths of directory tool & input sheets (different format) with Analytic App

futesch
5 - Atom

Dear Community,

I have an issue with a workflow running as analytic app. My workflow looks like the attached file.

There is only one input file with multiple sheets. The directory tool gives me the path where my input file is, the formula tool adds the sheet name to the full path and the dynamic input tool reads only this sheet out of my input file. That works well!

But now I will run this workflow as analytic app and share it with other team members.

For me the analytic app is running fine, but for others it won’t work with solely changing the directory path of the input file in the API of the analytic app. They would still need to change the path of the Input Data Source Template in the Dynamic Input Tools, manually, in the workflow. The same applies to an output location (Excel file), which we would like to have in the same folder as where the workflow is located.

Is there a method that the analytic app will run for my team members with only changing the location of the input file via the API of the Analytic app?

I very much appreciate your help on this!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @futesch - I'm not sure about APIs in your workflow. However, a couple of problems in your workflow were related to absolute vs relative paths and the fact that you tried to change a value in the Directory tool using a File Browse. 

I fixed that and you may try the attached.

Labels