Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replace only one tab in multiple excel files

Afournier
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone, 

I need to replace only one tab in 1000 excel file and would like to create a workflow to do it. 

So I have 1000 excel file in one folder. Every single excel file have the same shema, they have 3 tabs and one of them is called "Input". 

I need to update the tab "Input" only in all the 1000 excel files. I have an other excel file that contain the updated "Input" tab. 

How can I replace only the 1000 "Input" tab with the updated "input" tab without impacting the 2 other tab in the 1000 excel file? Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @Afournier ,

In output  don't  overwrite file  but overwrite sheet.

clipboard_image_0.png

Afournier
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @benakesh 

I understand that part, but that doesn't solve the fact that I want to create a flow that will replace it in multiple excel files? Thanks 

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Afournier I mocked up a workflow that I think will answer your question. Let me know what you think?

Afournier
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @JS420

It works! the only thing is that it doesn't keep the same number or rows. 

In the 1000 excel file the Input tab contain a table with 10 rows and its exactly the same in the updated input tab. When I run the workflow, the new updated Input tab has 100 rows, seem like it multiple the number of rows (10*10). Do you know why? Is is possible to keep the same number of rows? 

Thanks!

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Afournier it is possible to keep the same number of row. I amended the workflow and added in a unique tool as the append tools was creating duplicates and multiplying your data.

Labels