Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Replace column data with a reference table

carlosreyesm326
5 - Atom

Hi everyone

Estoy tratando de reemplazar los identificadores de algunos tipos de objeto de acuerdo con una tabla referencial, no puedo usar join porque tengo varios tipos de identificadores en la misma tabla, los primeros 13 registros son de tipo de identificación y los últimos 5 son de tipo categoría, sería algo así:

idID Typenumbercategoryobject
1CC1515212ABOX
2CD1597536BTABLE
3DE125763CKEY

reference table

Id_ReferenceId_codOLDNEW
11CCCCR
12CDCDR
13DEDER
21AAR
22BBR
23CCR

As you can see, different column values share the same table. I need that where this "CC" is replaced by "CCR" (These values are for example), I try to do it by a filter and a join, but the problem is that there can be N Id_Reference, so it could not be applied, also with a Multi-field macro, but I can't use [_currentfield_] and [_Currentfieldname_] in the same regular expression, I'm new to alteryx, I would like to know if someone with more experience knows how I can achieve this, Sorry about my English, it's not my language maternal

3 REPLIES 3
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @carlosreyesm326 

It sounds like a job for the Find Replace tool. Based on your example data for updating the ID Type and category columns, the below should work for you. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1603125500095.png

I've attached a sample workflow for you to try out. 

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Thanks!

Phil

carlosreyesm326
5 - Atom

Yes, that's what I'm looking for but dynamically, I enter a json with N columns to replace, after parsing, the result is the reference table, but I cannot do a search and replace for each column, since I do not know how many I have to replace. it depends on the JSON, if you bring a single object then I just replace one column, the column that the json brings
Since the idea is to use it in different reports.

carlosreyesm326
5 - Atom

I forgot to mention that the values are referential numerical values, (0, 1. 2. 3), for which sometimes they are repeated

id_referenceID_codOLDNEW
Labels