Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replace characters between paranthesis and parenthesis with a comma multiple times one row

cowatson
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have a value in a row field that i am trying to remove all the characters in the field that are between inequality signs ("<" and ">") as well as the inequality signs and replace them with a "," multiple times in one field.

Example:

From this: <tr><td><a href="/hockey/64475/10">Blades of Steel</a></td><td>146</td>

To this: ,,,Blades of Steel,,,146,

I have been trying to do this with Regex Replace and Trim but not having much luck (i just get an output of <> right now).  Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Court

2 REPLIES 2
lmorrell
11 - Bolide

Hi @cowatson 

Workflow is attached

Replace characters between paranthesis and parenthesis with a comma multiple times one.png

The below RegEx formula should return your result

regex_replace([Field1], '<.*?>', ',')

This is looking for any pattern with an open inequality sign and a following closing inequality sign, and deletes those signs plus everything in between. 

Hope this helps! 

cowatson
7 - Meteor

Slow. Clap.  Thank you sir.

Labels