Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replace Duplicate Values in Column with ""

ddaile17
6 - Meteoroid

Hello all, 

Tried to search but couldn't find information close enough to what I'm looking to do. 

I'm revamping a workflow I built some time ago, and I'm wanting to replace duplicate values in a column with double parenthesis, but keep all the information in the corresponding row. I'm assuming this can be accomplished with a multi-row formula, but I've made a couple sample tables below. Basically, I want to have it do double parenthesis replacement until the next unique value. Any advice is appreciated. 

Sample Data Table: 

Product A$5,000$8,000
Product A$2,000$1,000
Product B$10,000$500
Product B$2,000

$1,000

Sample of how I am trying to make the data look: 

Product A$5,000$8,000
" "$2,000$1,000
Product B$10,000$500
" " $2,000$1,000

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have! 

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

How does this look @ddaile17? I've added a few extra rows etc to share it working if you have more than 2 for each Product as well (workbook attached):

DataNath_0-1657805919612.png

Note: I've used "" as the replacement as that's what is in your example. However, if you truly do want parenthesis as stated then just replace those (inside the single quotes of the Multi-Row Formula) with ().

ddaile17
6 - Meteoroid

Outstanding, thank you for the quick response and solution. This did what I needed it to, and gave me a base to add some other conditions for related columns. The source data I'm working with is not the best quality, so there are hundreds of duplicate rows I'm having to concatenate down, and some have separate information that need to be listed on a separate row on the output, so this was the most visually pleasing solution I was able to think of. 

Thanks again for the help!! 

Labels