Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Repeating Workflow Logic for a Date Range

melmoz13
5 - Atom

I have a workflow that uses a text input to hold a date.  I then have a Dynamic Input tool that hits my SQL database, and replaces my "where" clause for the date with "specific string" replacement of that date in my text input.  Result is that it spits out a CSV file of sales for that date.  That works fine.

Now...I want to make this loop for a date range instead of one date at a time.  I've looked through the Community regarding Standard/Iterative/Batch macros and other places online and didn't see anything that really applied to what I was trying to do.  Feeling a little stuck!

Does anyone have suggestions?

I didn't want to post my workflow as it has my company's information in it.  But it is really simple, as explained above.  I put a little screenshot here if that helps.

Sorry if this is a little vague!  This is my first Community post! 

2 REPLIES 2
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @melmoz13

So there are a couple of methods of which a batch macro would be one but it might be overkill...

First thing to note, the dynamic input tool will process all the rows in your text input...so if you put in 5 dates it will process all 5 and union the output together.

Process all inputs and then use the date to split up the csv into different files on output:

DI.PNG

melmoz13
5 - Atom
Great thanks so much!
Labels