Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Repeat a workflow created for a tab across the entire excel workbook

SrinivasanSugumaran
8 - Asteroid

Hi TEam, Can you pls. help me in getting the output. I need to compute the difference btwn. two input files (rows/cols are same btwn. the inputs). I have created a workflow and its producing the desired output. I need to repeat the same for 17 tabs in a single workbook (the row/cols. are same for the entire workbook). I can copy the created workflow 17 times and produce the desired output, however, is there any other better approach to get the output. Attached the sample workflow

5 REPLIES 5
SrinivasanSugumaran
8 - Asteroid

attached workflow

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SrinivasanSugumaran 

You can create combination of 2 sheets names as key and pass through batch macro to run for each combination.

Here is a resource on batch macro

Interactive lesson : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Creating-a-Batch-Macro/ta-p/657923

Video : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Build-Your-First-Batch-Macro/td-p/52900

If you share a sample excel file with multiple sheets we could help you out with a sample workflow on how you can make it work.

SrinivasanSugumaran
8 - Asteroid

Thanks 

I am unable to attach the spreadsheet for some reason here, though its size is only 20kb.

Pls. find below the inputs (Input1, Input2, Input3, Input4) and i would need the output in a excel workbook with 2 tabs.
Tab 1= Input1- Input2
Tab2= Input 3- Input4

Input1:

ABCD

Input2:

ABCD

Input3:

ABCD

Input4:

ABCD

SrinivasanSugumaran
8 - Asteroid

HI @atcodedog05 
I have attached the requested. Appreciate if you can help

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SrinivasanSugumaran ,

Firstly, you don't need to copy the entire thing 17 times.

I've attached a couple of tools and a working example.

The first loads in all sheet names of all files in the folder you're looking at (and sub-folders if required). This is then added to the full path and fed into the second tool which loads them all in and unions them together (you can then split them out and use the data cleansing tool to drop the null columns).

This will allow you to load them all in.

Let me know if this fixes the first problem.

M.

Bulien

Labels