community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Community v19.6

Looks aren't everything... But the latest Community refresh looks darn good!

Learn More

Repeat Headers on Basic Table Tool

Asteroid

Hopefully someone can answer this for me. I have a basic table tool, and am exporting that into excel, but I want to get the header rows to repeat on each page. Can that be done?

Alteryx Partner

Hello @alphabex18 ,

you can use the dynamic rename tool to modify the headers for each table before using the table render tool.

This would be much easier way.

Cheers

Alteryx
Alteryx

HI @alphabex18 

When you say you want the header to repeat on each page in Excel, do you mean you are outputting to separate worksheets?

Asteroid

I have the data in a Reporting Table Tool, its there that i would like to have the header rows repeat on each page. 

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @alphabex18 

I am just wanting to check what you mean, as neither the browse tool, nor Excel have the concept of pages per se. 

If you output to Excel, it may be that you need to freeze the top row (header), guide here: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/freeze-rows-excel-2016

Or am I missing what you are trying to do? For which I apologise if I am!

Alteryx Partner
Hi,

Please try unchecking the show column heading option.
Alteryx Partner

I believe what is being asked for is this:

When outputting the contents of a table to Excel, is there any way from Alteryx to select a "header row" that would be repeated on every printed page?

For example, I want row 5 to repeat on all 250 pages since it contains the column titles, here's what I'd need to do in Excel to get this result:

alteryx.PNG

Asteroid

You are correct that is what i want it to accomplish. However, I was hoping it could be accomplished in Alteryx prior to the export into Excel so i wouldn't need to do any alterations in Excel, and could just set the workflow to run and attach the rendered file. I was hoping this is a tool function of Alteryx, but it seems as though it is not. 

Labels